Want to learn more about how the City of Vista operates, what projects are getting done and how decisions are made by your elected and unelected officials?
If you are at least 18 years old and either a Vista resident or business owner you can apply for a seat at the Leadership Academy.
The City of Vista has space for 20 adults to attend its FREE Fall 2013 Leadership Academy and discover answers to those important questions as well as others you may have in 7 consecutive weekly Wednesday evening classes.
From 5 pm to 7 pm on those scheduled Wednesdays, people who sign up by August 20 will learn:
- how decisions are made
- how city funds are allocated
- how departments operate
- meet the Mayor and City Council members,
- meet the City Manager,and Department directors
- tour city facilities and development projects
- discuss planning, traffic, growth, city finances, and other issues
- discover how to become more involved in the community
- take a guided citywide bus tour on September 4
"The program is designed to give residents an insider's view of their city government. No prior knowledge of the City is required and the class is free," according to a statement on the city website.
Applications for the Leadership Class can be found by clicking here.
Contact the Communications Office at (760) 726-1340 ext. 1438 or at email@example.com for more information.