MYFOX Al is reporting today that two Black Alabama teens have been arrested in connection with the murder of a Taco Bell manager in Montgomery. Authorities say that Renauldous Chisolm, 19, and Kenneth Temple, 19, beat and killed Vettia Roche, 43. Roche's body was found dumped behind the Taco Bell restaurant on Atlanta Highway. Renauldous Chisolm and Kenneth Temple are being held without bond in the Montgomery County Jail, officials said. They have been charged with capital murder.
Vettia Roche Murder Case Summary
43-year-old Vettia Roche was working as a manager at the Taco Bell on Atlanta Highway. According to WAFF 48, Vettia Roche, who is originally from Florida, is a survivor of the 2013 tornado that happened in Mississippi. Roche is described as a good mother who has always been completely dedicated to her daughter. Renauldous Chisolm and Kenneth Temple were Vettia Roche's coworkers.
- Vettia Roche loses everything in the tornado that sweeps through Mississippi.
- Vettia Roche speaks with WLOX News about what she experienced during the tornado.
- Roche moves to Alabama and reconnects with an old friend. She begins working as a night shift manager at the Taco Bell in Montgomery.
Monday, March 10
- Vettia Roche leaves her shift at the Taco Bell but is brutally attacked by two Taco Bell employees. After the murder, the two teenage boys dump Roche's body.
- The victim's dead body is found discarded behind the restaurant.
- 911 is called and police are dispatched to the scene.
- Police officers arrive and find an already deceased African-American woman. The woman, who is later identified as Vettia Roche, has been severely beaten and has gunshot wounds to the body.
- She is pronounced dead at the scene.
- Employees, friends and customers stop by the restaurant to see the scene and to leave notes.
- The community is devastated by the crime.
Afternoon of Monday, March 10
- The initial police investigation points to two 19-year-old employees: Renauldous Chisolm and Kenneth Temple.
- They are both arrested and transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility. They are charged with murder. No bond is available.
Here is a happier photo of Vettia Roche on Facebook. Vettia had a lot of friends who speak highly of her. Vettia was trying to start her life over, after surviving a tornado in Mississippi, only to be killed by two teen coworkers.
Renauldous 'Rendauldous' Chisolm and Kenneth Temple
Here is a photo of the two Black teens who are accused of murdering Vettia Roche. The two males worked at the Taco Bell with Vettia and knew her very well. People are who know (1st photo) Renauldous Chisolm and (2nd photo) Kenneth Temple are shocked by the allegations.
Taco Bell: 5380 Atlanta Hwy Montgomery, Ala.
A photo of where the brutal killing of a night shift manager took place. Vettia Roche could never have imaged that after leaving her shift on a normal Monday morning, she would be beaten and shot to death.