Instead of regular kale, I used a blend of baby kale, spinach and chard. Sooo much more tender than regular kale!
I also substituted cran-pom green tea for the regular called for in the original recipe.
• 1 cup frozen banana chunks
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 cup baby kale blend
• 1/3 cup silken tofu
• 1/4 cup chopped celery
• 1/4 cup diced avocado
• 1/4 cup cold cranberry-pomegranate green tea
• ice cubes (I didn't use them)
1. Blend banana, almond milk, kale blend, tofu, celery, avocado, tea and ice, if using.
Ready to puree
Ready to blend up all of the goodies: silken tofu, baby kale blend, fresh celery, fresh banana, just ripe avocado, unsweetened almond milk and the rest! Yum!
Getting ready to blend all the yuumy and healthy ingredients for this green smoothie. Silken tofu, baby kale blend, fresh celery, fresh banana, just ripe avocado and unsweetened almond milk.
I found a great green tea blend from Lipton that I used as the base of this healthy and energizing green smoothie. It needs to be relatively strong, so brew and then chill it in advance.