Book events going on around Tucson for the week of September 30-October 6, 2013 include various book club meetings and author events. See below for more info.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
- 2 p.m. at Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr Library - Abbett Mystery Book Club: This month's book is The Blackhouse by Peter May.
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
- 7 p.m. at Mostly Books - Non-Fiction Discussion: This month's book is The Devil's Highway: A True Story by Luis Alberto Urrea.
Friday, October 4, 2013
- 7 p.m. at Antigone Books - Gary Paul Nabhan: This is an author event related to the book Growing Food in a Hotter, Drier Land: Lessons from Desert Farmers on Adapting to Climate Uncertainty.
Saturday, October 5, 2013
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Valencia Library - Books and More Sale
- 10 a.m. at Flowing Wells Library - First Saturday Book Club: This month's book is A Town like Alice by Nevil Shute.
- 1:30 p.m. at Congregation Anshei Israel - Read It and Meet: This is a book club that reads books by Jewish authors and/or with Jewish content.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
- 12 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Broadway - Donald Ensenbach: This is an author event related to the book Kokopelli: Dream Catchers of an Ancient.
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Valencia Library - Books and More Sale
- 2 p.m. at Antigone Books - Democracy & Dissent Book Group: This month's book is The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America by Jonathan Kozol.