Book events going around Tucson for the week of March 18-24, 2013 include various book club meetings and author meetings. See below for more info.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
- 6:30 p.m. at Dusenberry-River Library - River Readers Book Club: This month's book is Lost Memory of Skin by Russell Banks.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- 2 p.m. at Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr Library - Abbett Book Choices: This month's book is Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.
- 3 p.m. at Himmel Park Library - DragonFly Book Club: This is a book club for ages 8 to 12.
- 7 p.m. at Mostly Books - Wednesday Fiction Discussion: This month's book is Loving Frank by Nancy Horan.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
- 10 a.m. at Oro Valley Library - Great Literature of All Times; This month's selection is "Lyrics of Lowly Life" by Paul Laurence Dunbar in the collection My Soul has Grown Deep: Classics of Early African-American Literature.
- 11 a.m. at Woods Memorial Library - Dr. Philip Fleishman, M.D.: This is an author event related to his medical thriller called The Gemini Factor.
- 12 p.m. at Joel D. Valdez Main Library - Main Library Book Club: This month's book is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.
- 2 p.m. at Nanini Library - Northwest Readers Book Club
- 4 p.m. at Oro Valley Library - Magic Tree House Book Club: This month's book is Vacation Under the Volcano by Mary Pope Osborne.
Saturday, March 23, 2013
- 10 a.m. at Murphy-Wilmot Library - Murphy-Wilmot Branch Library Book Club: This month's book is Home by Toni Morrison.
- 1 p.m. at Woods Memorial Library - Woods Memorial Library Book Club: This month's book is The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson.
Sunday, March 24, 2013