Book events going around Tucson for the week of March 11-17, 2013 include various book club meetings and author meetings. See below for more info.
Monday, March 11, 2013
- 11 a.m. at Mission Library - On-A-Mission Book Club
- 12 p.m. at Mission Library - Mission Mystery Book Club
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- 10:30 a.m. at Dewhirst-Catalina Library - Readers Book Club: This month's book club is A Good American by Alex George.
- 1 p.m. at Tucson Jewish Community Center - Treasures of Jewish Literature
- 1:30 p.m. at Joyner-Green Valley Library - Page Turners: This month's book is Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson.
- 6:30 p.m. at Martha Cooper Library - Cafe Book: This month's book is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.
- 7:30 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Broadway - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Group: This month's book is The Gone Away World by Nick Harkaway.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- 12 p.m. at Mostly Books - Cara Black: This is a lunch and book signing event related to her book Murder Below Montparnasse.
- 7:30 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Broadway - Classics Book Group: This month's book is A Room with a View by E.M. Forster.
Thursday, March 14, 2013
- 10 a.m. at Oro Valley Library - Contemporary Literature Book Club: This month's book is Galileo's Daughter by Dava Sobel.
- 4 p.m. at Nanini Library - Book Nook: This is a book club for ages 8 to 12.
Friday, March 15, 2013
- 7 p.m. at Antigone Books - Linda Kohanov: This is an event related to the book The Power of the Herd: A Nonpredatory Approach to Social Intelligence, Leadership, and Innovation by Linda Kohanov.
- 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Broadway - Care and Keeping of You Teen Reading Group: This is an American Girl book discussion for teenagers.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
- 10 a.m. at Sahuarita Library - Omnivorous Readers
- 12:30 p.m. at Mostly Books - Harvey Burgess: This is an author event related to the book Tucson Tales: Bohemians, Bolsheviks and Border Rats.
- 1 p.m. at Salazar-Ajo Library - Lili DeBarbieri: This is an author event related to the book A Guide to Southern Arizona's Historic Farms and Ranches: Rustic Southwest Retreats.