TripAdvisor®, which brands itself as "the world's largest travel site", announced on Aug. 19, 2013, the results of its pet travel survey, identifying the top 10 pet-friendly properties in the U.S. Survey results were based on feedback from 1,100 TripAdvisor travelers.
According to the August 19, 2013, press release, 22% of those surveyed admitted to sneaking pets into no-pets-allowed lodging. Although nearly half as many travelers are expected to travel in the next year, more than half of those travelers (51%) indicated that finding pet-friendly lodging is a challenge. In a blog post dated August 19, 2013, TripAdvisor reveals more detailed pet travel statistics. For example, 97% of pet owners surveyed reported they intend to travel by car with their furry friends.
Among the top 10 tail-wagging spots, none were major chains and most were on the West Coast -- three in Calif., three in Ore., one in N. Mex., and one in Ariz. The two East Coast properties were both in Fla. -- Cedar Key and Lauderdale by the Sea.
Based on the press release dated August 19, 2013, the top 10 pet-friendly properties in the U.S. are as follows:
- Beachside Village Resort, Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida – Average Nightly Rate: $205+
- Olea Hotel, Glen Ellen, California – Average Nightly Rate: $260+
- Bardessono, Yountville, California – Average Nightly Rate: $650+
- Inn of the Five Graces, Santa Fe, New Mexico – Average Nightly Rate: $650+
- Five Pine Lodge & Spa, Sisters, Oregon – Average Nightly Rate: $235+
- The Grand Del Mar, San Diego, California – Average Nightly Rate: $595+
- Sunglow Ranch – Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, Pearce, Arizona – Average Nightly Rate: $299+
- Allison Inn & Spa, Newberg, Oregon – Average Nightly Rate: $330+
- Low-Key Hideaway, Cedar Key, Florida – Average Nightly Rate: $90+
- The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Oregon – Average Nightly Rate: $299+
To read more about each of these properties, view the slideshow and visit the websites of these stand-out vacation destinations.
To read other articles by this author, click here.