As your children get older it becomes a bit more of a challenge to come up with things to do as a family. The children's zoo and discovery centers just don't cut it any more. Here is a list of some fun family activities the whole family can enjoy with your not so young children.
1. Disneyland or Disney World: It's true that many people think little kids when they think Disney but that is so not true. If you take your children to Disney when they are young then again when they are older it will be like two totally different part adventures. For one thing the choice of rides changes dramatically. You can still do dumbo but you can also to everything else. The sky is the limit and nap-time will not be a problem, at least for the kids.
2. Universal Studios: There is one located in both LA and Orlando. Like Disney, Universal Studios can be like two completely different experiences visiting with small children versus going with older children and for much of the same reasons. The rides and show choices are much greater for older children.
3. Broadway or Off Broadway play. Most cities have theater groups that put on various productions. Spend the evening with your family and support the arts. If you are not able to travel to New York City to experience a live production on Broadway check out your local theater group and enjoy an evening at the theater closer to home.
4. Cape Canaveral Florida: This is a great travel spot for so many different reasons. There is the NASA Space Center, National Police Hall of Fame and a very busy cruise port. Check the schedule and you might be lucky enough to see a shuttle launch. While at the Police Hall of Fame you can shot weapons and take a helicopter ride. Don’t forget the cruise port you can take a cruise to the Caribbean.
5. Caribbean Cruise: While you are at the Space Coast in Florida catch a cruise. This is a vacation the whole family can enjoy. It is also a vacation where you get to visit multiple locations but not have to live out of a suitcase and all your food is included.