1. Girls on the Run is a respected nationwide nonprofit that offers a life-changing program for 3rd to 8th grade girls, promoting positive physical and emotional development, confidence, coping skills and strong self-esteem.
2. Girls on the Run meets twice a week for 12 weeks, and will train your daughter to run a 5k on December 8th 2013.
3. Girls on the Run is a non-competitive running program that focuses on building strong, healthy girls who are confident in themselves and supportive of each other.
4. Girls on the Run teaches life skills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and running games. The goal of Girls on the Run is to unleash confidence through accomplishment, while establishing a lifetime of healthy living and self-respect.
5. “Girls on the Run is So Much Fun!” Your daughter will have a blast, and make great new friends. 92.2% of girls tell us they want to participate in GOTR again.
6. Girls on the Run coaches rock! The coaches are trained adult volunteers who are devoted to helping your daughter have the best experience, learning and training, and becoming a team of confident healthy girls.
7. There are Girls on the Run sites all over Los Angeles County, including: Altadena, Canoga Park, Claremont, Compton, Glendale, La Cañada, La Crescenta, Long Beach, West L.A., Downtown L.A., Manhattan Beach, Pasadena, Redondo Beach, San Dimas, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, and Temple City. For details, check out the full list at: http://gotrlosangeles.org/program-overview/current-season-locations/.
8. There's still time to sign up. Go to www.gotrlosangeles.org and click on “Fall Season Registration.”
9. No one is ever turned away for an inability to pay. There are scholarships available.
10. And this should really be the number 1 reason… The December 8th 2013, Girls on the Run 5k will be on the UNIVERSAL STUDIOS BACKLOT!!! The girls and their running buddies and coaches run around Wisteria Lane, the Psycho House, Jaws Lake, and many more, very cool movie and TV show sets. It’s an experience your daughter will never forget.