Check out the below five books to find out what are some of the top western books being read in Tucson. If you have not read them, then you might enjoy checking them out. The list is based on the most checked out books at the Woods Memorial Branch Library.
1. Bull River by Robert Knott - This is a Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch novel about investigating a bank robbery where the initial suspect is found beaten outside a high-class brothel.
2. Ironhorse by Robert Knott - In this Cole and Hitch novel, they are newly appointed Territorial Marshalls and deal with heist while on a train.
Doc: a Novel
3. Doc: A Novel by Mary Doria Russell - This novel is about Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp meeting in Dodge City when Doc and his partner are in search of high-stakes poker.
The Big Fifty: A Western Story
4. The Big Fifty: A Western Story by Johnny D. Boggs - This book is set in late 1800s Kansas and is about a boy taken prisoner by Indians and then escapes and joins up with a buffalo sharpshooter.
The Book of Murdock
5. The Book of Murdock by Loren D. Estleman - Page Murdock tries to pass himself off as a preacher to stop a group of bandits terrorizing the Texas panhandle.