Check out the below five authors to find out what are some of the top western authors in Tucson. If you have not read them, then you might enjoy checking them out. The list is based on the most checked out books at the Woods Memorial Branch Library.
1. William W. Johnstone - This author wrote nearly 200 books including westerns, horror, and survivalist novels. Some of series include Blood Bond, The Last Mountain Man, The First Mountain Man, and The Last Gunfighter.
2. Les Savage, Jr. - This author wrote mostly in the 1940s and 1950s. Some of his works include Arizona Showdown, The Beast In Cañada Diablo, and Black Rock Cañon.
3. Johnny D. Boggs - This author has published several dozen novels and short stories. Some of his novels include Camp Ford, The Big Fifty, and Dark Voyage Of The Mittie Stephens.
4. Zane Grey - This author wrote over 90 novels, which were mostly westerns. Some of his novels include Spirit of the Border, Riders of the Purple Sage, and The Rainbow Trail.
5. Mary Doria Russell - This is an author of science fiction and fiction. Her main western novel is Doc, which is set in Dodge City, Kansas and features the historical figures of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday.