Picking Out School Supplies Has Never Been This Fun!
Want a fresh look for the new school year? Make sure you pack the right crayons to get you off to a good start. Yes, ladies crayons aren't just for preschoolers, they can be a godsend to your lips, and we aren't talking about Crayola baby!
Why Lip Crayons?
Lip crayons often give a sheer or more natural tint of color and are very moisturizing (even the matte colors), which makes them a perfect choice for everyday wear. Lip crayons aren't as pretentious as lipstick, but not quite as casual as lip balm, it's like the "casual Friday" of lip products.
Not Just For Kids
But lip crayons aren't just for young women in their teens and twenties, any age group can enjoy using these fun crayons. Below we have the top three picks.
Clinique's Chubby Stick Baby Tint
Nobody Puts This Baby In The Corner!
If you like a natural look with a hint of color, check out Clinique's Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm . The name is a mouth full, but oh baby! This crayon will keep your lips soft and smooth. The pro makeup artist website, Warpaintmag.com , was so impressed with the product they wrote that "Each shade is complementary to the wearer and will appear differently on everyone. Once applied, the colour blossoms to reach the precise intensity..."
- There are four tantalizingly juicy shades of violets, pinks and tawny/corals
- You can add more definition by using a lipliner before applying the Chubby Stick
- Product never need sharpening. Just swivel up to use more.
- Retails at $17
Tarte Power Pigment Lip Crayon
Tartlettes Unite Over Power Pigment Lip Crayons
A best seller at Ulta and Sephora, Tarte's Power Pigments are also a blogger favorite as well. According to the Tarte website the Power Pigments were "Inspired by our newly designed cheek stains, these punched up lip tints impart bold color and shine…" If you are a "Tartlette" then this is right up your alley.
- Comes in 8 knock-out colors
- Contains vitamin E, shea butter and a hint of peppermint
- Each crayon has its own uniquely decorated wrapper, which matches it's sister cheek stain
- Retails for $24
Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayons
Ready To Take A Bite Out Of The New School Year?
Sephora has the new Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayons. This lip product is beautiful and smart. Bite uses food-grade ingredients, including an orange peel wax to lock in moisture. Bite also leaves out harmful chemicals like petroleum, so you can look good and feel good about what you are wearing. Unfortunately, only 6 of the 12 colors are available now, but Temptalia has the skinny on all 12.
- There are 12 beautiful shades to choose from
- You will have to wait until August 2014 for the release of the other 6 colors
- Unlike old-school matte lip colors, these are very moisturizing
- Their conscious crayons are paraben, petroleum, sulfate and phthalates free.
- There are 5mg of resveratrol in them to help fight free radicals around the lip line
- Retails for $24
Do you play with lip crayons? What's your fav lip crayon? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Like the article? Click on that shiny little "SUBSCRIBE" button at the top to get the latest makeup news and tips sent straight to your email every week! It's that easy!