The Flatlands Country Music Festival runs Friday Sept. 13 and Saturday Sept. 14 at the Sporting Kansas City Soccer Club, located at Village West in Kansas City, Kan. The festival includes Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Darius Rucker, The Charlie Daniels Band, and Kellie Pickler among others. The campgrounds will open on Thursday and close at noon on Sunday.
The Brush Creek Art Walk, 10th Annual Zona Rosa Arts Festival, Mission Arts and Eats and the Longview Festival are events including artists in their line-up. Brush Creek will feature artist on the walkway around the creek working their craft for three days. Music, food and drink are included in most of the venues.
Several sporting events will be held in Kansas City this weekend: The Kansas City Chiefs home opener against the Dallas Cowboys is on Sunday, on Saturday Arrowhead plays host to the Missouri Football Classic, the streets of Westport will give way to the AIDS Bicycle Cruise and Impact Wednesday Live will be held at Kemper Arena.
Live theatre Sept. 13 to Sept. 15:
- City Theatre of Independence: 201 N. Dodgion, Independence, “The Miss Firecracker Contest”, closes Sept. 15.
- H & R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, Kansas City Actors Theatre “Long Day’s Journey into Night”, closes Sept. 15.
- Just Off Broadway: 3051 Central, “Romeo and Juliet” presented by She and Her Productions, closes Sept. 22.
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Copaken Stage, “The Tallest Tree in the Forest”, closes Sept. 28.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Rainmaker”, closes Oct. 6.
- Olathe Community Theatre Association: 500 E. Loula, Olathe, “Company”, closes Sept 22.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Venus in Fur”, closes Sept. 29.