August 29, 2013
Vegan and Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar crystals
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Equivalent of 3 eggs using Ener-G egg replacer (you can also use ground flax seeds here - 3 Tbsp. mixed with 6 Tbsp. water)
- 1 1/3 cup mashed banana (4 medium-sized bananas)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. In gluten-free baking, you don't have to worry about over-mixing.
- Spoon the mixture into lightly greased muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when you press them.
This recipe makes 16 - 18 vegan and gluten-free banana nut muffins.