Ford has been fortunate to have enough liquidity to be one of the only automobile companies in the world that has not had to, or opted to, seek financial help from their government. This has resulted in a tremendous amount of consumer confidence in the future of this automobile manufacture. While hearing headlines about dealer closures of the two American counterparts, many Ford dealers are actually hiring more help.
Seldom does someone get such a unique opportunity to overcome bad publicity and improve their company image. There are three principles you need to do to protect your company image from unfair media or competitive attacks (click on any principle or follow the attached list):
- Take your message directly to the people
- Support your claims with in-store signing
- Eliminate behaviors that would support false perceptions
The bottom line to protect your bottom line is to be aware of the perception consumers have for your products and services. You do not have to be the cheapest or the highest quality. You simply have to have the best value -- and a way to get the message to the people.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Additional Diversity Resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Diversity by the numbers
- Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
- 35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say: Surprising Things We Say That Widen the Diversity Gap.
- 50 Activities for Promoting Communication and Understanding at Work: The Diversity Training Activity Book
Other articles and white papers of interest: