The Third Friday Art Walk will be held at Englewood Stations on Friday and the Gypsy Caravan on Saturday Aug. 16. Artists will be performing “Art in Motion”, handmade work, Native American Artists, yard art, jewelry, food, drink, and entertainment will be available.
The sixth annual Microbrew Festival will be held on Saturday at Zona Rosa, Berry Rd. and I-29. For a $30 fee, proceeds go to UNICO, participants can taste dozes of 4-ounce samples of local beers. Boulevard Brewing, Flying Monkey Beer, Martin City Brewing, and Tallgrass will be represented.
Theater Aug. 15 through Aug. 17:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Closer Than Ever,” fundraiser closes Aug. 17.
- The Buffalo Room: 817 Westport Rd., “The Butcher’s Son,” closes Aug. 18.
- Hotel Phillips: 106 W. 12, “Dinner Detective” Mystery Dinner Show, closes Aug. 16.
- Just Off Broadway Theatre: 3051 Central, “Echoes of Octavia,” closes Aug. 24.
- Living Room: 1818 McGee, “The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds,” closes Aug. 31.
- Mystery Train Theater: Several locations, “Legally Dead,” closes August 16.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “South Pacific,” closes Aug. 24.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Great Duets of Musical Theatre,” closes Aug. 17.
Aftershock Bar and Grill
Aftershock Bar located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Saturday night at 7 p.m., the club features Stratgazer Entertainment presents: Gemini Sydrome with SidewiseSlaves. General admission tickets are $12 each with a $2 minor upcharge at the door. The show is rated for all ages. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Davey's Uptown Ramblers Club
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. Friday night the club presents the Harmed Brothers, Blueboot Heelers, and Here’s to the Life at 9 p.m. On Saturday Airport Novels, Bone Spur, MJP, and Documentary take the main stage at 9 p.m.
Kelly's Westport Inn
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday the club will feature on stage Wonderfuzz at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Flannigan’s Right Hook take the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The Record Bar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday night at 7 p.m. Starhaven Rounders will be featured. At 10 p.m. Those Darlins, Diarrhea Planet, and The Lucky take the stage. On Saturday at 7 p.m. Phil Neal & The Wornalls take the stage and at 10 p.m. The Talking Heads tribute with Found A Job will be featured.
The Riot Room
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Rd. and Broadway at 4048 Broadway. At 8 p.m. on Friday Rogue Vogue, Body2Body, and DJ Sheppa takes the stage. At 9 p.m. Electric City presents: Whores, American Sharks, Canyons, and Hyborian. Saturday at 7 p.m. World League Entertainment and Electric City present: 1st Annual “Riot on Westport” Hip Hop Festival with Loogey, Mad Marlon, Doc Dilz & Last Rekrute, Tension, and MEAN4CHEEZ.