The Third Friday Art Walk will be held at Englewood Stations on Friday and the Gypsy Caravan on Saturday Aug. 16. Artists will be performing “Art in Motion”, handmade work, Native American Artists, yard art, jewelry, food, drink, and entertainment will be available.
The sixth annual Microbrew Festival will be held on Saturday at Zona Rosa, Berry Rd. and I-29. For a $30 fee, proceeds go to UNICO, participants can taste dozes of 4-ounce samples of local beers. Boulevard Brewing, Flying Monkey Beer, Martin City Brewing, and Tallgrass will be represented.
Theater Aug. 15 through Aug. 17:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Closer Than Ever,” fundraiser closes Aug. 17.
- The Buffalo Room: 817 Westport Rd., “The Butcher’s Son,” closes Aug. 18.
- Hotel Phillips: 106 W. 12, “Dinner Detective” Mystery Dinner Show, closes Aug. 16.
- Just Off Broadway Theatre: 3051 Central, “Echoes of Octavia,” closes Aug. 24.
- Living Room: 1818 McGee, “The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds,” closes Aug. 31.
- Mystery Train Theater: Several locations, “Legally Dead,” closes August 16.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “South Pacific,” closes Aug. 24.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Great Duets of Musical Theatre,” closes Aug. 17.