The 82nd Annual Plaza Art Fair will be held Friday Sept. 20 through Sunday Sept. 22 on the streets of the Country Club Plaza. The fair will include over 200 artists, food from 25 restaurants, kids’ art workshops and Experience ArtsKC among others. Entertainment will be provided on three stages with acts such as Flannigan’s Right Hook, Rivertown and Band of Brothers among others. The fair runs from 5 to 10 p.m. on Friday, Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other art events include the Unplaza Art Fair at 4501 Walnut and the Third Friday Art Walk in the Englewood Stations Art District.
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival continues in Kansas City, Kan. through Columbus Day. This weekend is the Wonders of the World. Those attending can see a Belly Dance Championship, Fairy Festival, Costume Contest, a Mud Show and the Mermaid Cove among other events. Parking is free and the festival is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Several sporting events will be held in Kansas City this weekend: The Kansas City Royals take on Texas, Saturday the Dead Girl Roller Derby will be held at Kemper Arena, the Free to Breathe 5K Run/Walk will be held at Seville Square, Independence Events Center will host the Missouri Mavericks Fan Fest and Strut With Your Mutt, 5K Run and 3K Mutt Strut will be held in Brookside.
Live theatre Sept. 20 to Sept. 22:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Spring Awakening”, closes Oct. 6.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Red Badge Variations”, closes Oct. 5.
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Copaken Stage, “The Tallest Tree in the Forest”, closes Sept. 28.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Rainmaker”, closes Oct. 6.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Venus in Fur”, closes Sept. 29.