The 60th Annual Kansas City Boat and Sportshow begins Thursday January 23 and runs through Sunday January 26 at Bartle Hall in downtown Kansas City. The sports show will feature the Dock Dogs Competition, Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center, free fishing for kids, outdoor cooking classroom, and hunting expert Synthia Wilson among other events.
The weekend in Kansas City will feature several sporting events. On Saturday January 25 the Harlem Globetrotters will play at the Sprint Center. Friday night the Missouri Comets will play the St. Louis Ambush at the Independence Events Center and on Saturday at the center, the Missouri Mavericks take on Tulsa. Sunday the Children’s Therapeutic Learning Center Groundhog Run will be held at Hunt Midwest Subtropolis.
Live theatre Jan. 24 to Jan. 26:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Shrek: The Musical,” closes Jan.26.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “The Toughest Kid in the World,” closes Jan. 25.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “M. Butterfly,” closes Jan. 26.
- Music Hall: 301 W. 13th, “Sister Act The Musical,” closes Jan. 26.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “All Sinatra,” closes Feb. 23.
- Spencer Theatre: 4949 Cherry, KC Rep presentation of “Romeo and Juliet,” closes Feb. 9.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Grounded,” closes Feb. 9.