The weather is finally warming for much of the country, and the golfers are ready to shine their clubs, wipe off their golf shoes, and take to the course. Let’s face it, it’s been a pretty awful winter, and though the fortunate souls living in Miami, San Diego or Scottsdale cannot comprehend the pain of a cold winter, it’s time to schedule some “me time,” and take advantage of the amazing golf packages being offered this spring/summer to entice the golfers back to the courses.
From the sunny shores of Florida, to the blissful retreats of South Carolina, and further out west to the golf wonderlands of California and Arizona; I’ve pulled together ten of the most spectacular golf packages available today. Of course, there are a hundred more golf destinations out there that every golfer wants to also experience this season, but this is a great place to start planning some much-needed “me time” while enjoying a few days of golf, spa, dining and relaxing so that you can get your handicap in-check for the summer.
Tee it up, and have a great season jet-setting to several of these extraordinary golf getaway destinations. While golf is certainly the main attraction, these destinations offer endless amenities and activities to satisfy every one of your travel companions this season. Enjoy!
A Miami landmark in the Coral Gables area, The Biltmore Hotel brings the ultimate in luxury the same way today, as it did when it opened in 1926. This elegant property screams old world glamor, complete with timeless architecture and a lush tropical landscape. The golf will not disappoint at Biltmore Golf, a Donald Ross Course, while there is something for everyone at the Biltmore with golf, spa and endless amenities. Don’t forget to plan your trip around being able to savor the un-matched Sunday Brunch.
Pamper and Play Package
- Deluxe accommodations
- Breakfast daily in any of the resorts 3 restaurants; Fontana's Courtyard, The 19th Hole or Cascades (Weekend's Only)
- Unlimited golf on the Donald Ross Classic course, additional rounds are subject to cart fees
- One 50-minute Spa treatment
- Unlimited fitness classes, health club access and tennis
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, Florida 33134
Telephone: (305) 460-5364
Dancing Rabbit Golf Club at Pearl River Resort
Pearl River Resort offers Las Vegas-style gaming, 11 restaurants, a spa, pool, and is also home to the two Dancing Rabbit courses – the Azaleas and the Oaks. With an intriguing history of the surrounding area, this unique southern golf experience is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Casino Golf Package
- One-night accommodation at the Pearl River Resort
- Hot breakfast at Dancing Rabbit Golf Club
- 18 holes of golf, cart and range balls
13541 Mississippi 16
Philadelphia, Mississippi 39350
Telephone: (866) 447-3275
Kiawah Island Resort
Always an amazing resort filled with amenities for everyone, Kiawah is home to some of the best golf imaginable and world-class services and amenities. Through the end of 2014, they are offering one of the most unique packages for small group that I’ve seen in some time. However, beyond this group package, they also offer a number of packages with stays at their hotel (The Sanctuary), or the private villas throughout the island.
The Ryder Cup Package – Groups of 12, or more
- Three night accommodations (Villa)
- Three rounds of championship golf, of which one round will be played on The Ocean Course
- A one-hour opening/closing reception with complimentary beer and wine
- Breakfast each morning
- Each player will receive: One team hat and golf shirt (red or blue)
- On-island transportation
- All taxes and service charges included (with the exclusion of the caddy gratuity on The Ocean Course)
1 Sanctuary Beach Drive
Kiawah Island, South Carolina 29455
Telephone: (800) 654-2924
Lodge At Torrey Pines
The Lodge at Torrey Pines features 170 guest rooms and suites, and pays homage to the California Craftsman style of architecture of the early 1900s with its post-and-beam construction, expansive spaces, respect for natural landscape, and integration of indoor/outdoor living. Torrey Pines golf is simply a San Diego gem and a must-experience in your lifetime. The La Jolla area is always a favorite seaside getaway in this area, and together with the friendly local and amazing staff at The Lodge, every golfer needs to spend a few days here.
The Palisade Package
- Two nights Palisade accommodations at The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- One round of golf on the Torrey Pines Golf Course and Cart
- Complimentary club storage and cleaning
- Daily full breakfast for one
11480 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, California 92037
Telephone: (858) 453-4420
Mystical Golf Myrtle Beach
As the owner and operator of The Witch, Man-O-War and The Wizard courses, Mystical Golf has 54 amazing golf holes. While Myrtle Beach might not be your first thought for championship golf on the east coast, these three courses can easily convert you to be a lifetime Mystical Golf fan. For the season, they have announced its value-packed summer stay-and-play tailored to “golf buddy” getaways.
Golf Buddy Package
- Three rounds with cart on The Witch, The Wizard and Man-O-War
- Three nights’ lodging in well-appointed three-bedroom golf villas (four beds)
- Free extra fourth round on any Mystical Golf course
- Complimentary iHOP breakfast daily
- Free steak dinner at Logan’s Roadhouse (includes non-alcoholic beverages, taxes)
- Lunch, range balls and two beers free at the course each day
- $15 gift card toward a golf shirt
- Instant replay round for cart fee only
- Extra night stays available at moderate cost per person
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Telephone: (843) 282-2977
Park Hyatt Aviara Golf Club
The Aviara Golf Club is one of the most beautiful rounds of golf you’ll experience, and this paired with the luxury amenities and accommodations of the Park Hyatt, make for perfect Southern California getaway. The pure beauty of the natural surroundings combined with the insanely colorful flowers and breath-taking environmental sanctuaries create a truly unique golfing wonderland. For the foodies, the dining options are ideal - arrive early so you can enjoy one of their silky omelets overlooking the 18th hole. A perfect start to what is sure to be a wonderful day.
Play Where The Pros Play Package
- One night accommodations for two in a Park Suite
- Unlimited golf for two at Aviara Golf Club
- Lunch at Argyle Steakhouse
- Personalized bag tag
- Aviara Golf Club/Kia Classic valuables pouch with two sleeves of logo golf balls
7100 Aviara Resort Drive
Carlsbad, California 92011
Telephone: (760) 448-1234
Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay
Simply a magical coastal getaway in a world all its own, this Ritz Carlton property has accommodation in either the main building or guest houses, which creates a perfect backdrop while taking advantage of the award-winning spa and dining options. Just over 20 miles from San Francisco, this resort takes golf and the overall luxury resort experience to an entirely new level.
The Legends Golf Package
- Overnight deluxe accommodations
- Unlimited golf for one or two players
- Golf tag
- Resort fee
One Miramontes Point Road
Half Moon Bay, California 94019
Telephone: (650) 712-7000
Sea Pines Resort
Spring is a perfect time of the year to visit Hilton Head Island and take advantage of the amazing golf with the pristine surroundings. It’s also the season that the Sea Pines Resort provides an opportunity to tee it up at three of the most sought-after courses in the area. Be sure to save some time to take advantage of the brand new Plantation Golf Club and Golf Learning Center at Heron Point. When not challenging these courses, the harbor area is a perfect location to relax and watch the picturesque sunsets.
Stay-and-Play Villa Golf Package
- 3 nights in private 2-bedroom villa
- 3 rounds at Sea Pines’ championship golf courses (Harbour Town Golf Links, Heron Point by Pete Dye and Ocean Course)
- Complimentary repeat rounds at Heron Point and Ocean Course based on availability
- Complimentary range balls
- 10 percent pro shop discount on retail merchandise and 10 percent food and beverage discount at the resort's restaurants.
32 Greenwood Drive
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928
Telephone: (800) 732-7463
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Though Stowe, Vermont is a beautiful escape throughout the year, now that spring has finally sprung, the Stowe Mountain Lodge, a Destination Resort, is ready to welcome the golfers and outdoor enthusiast to this piece of New England paradise. While the Stowe Country Club continues to impress any golfer lucky enough to play this mountain beauty, the exclusive Stowe Mountain Golf Club is a priceless experience, and continues to gain more attention.
Tee It Up at Stowe Mountain Golf Club Package
- Luxury overnight accommodations
- Exclusive access to golf at Stowe Mountain Golf Club
7412 Mountain Road
Stowe, Vermont 05672
Telephone: (888) 478-6938
The Boulders, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
For a desert getaway, The Boulders knows how to entertain their guests with an extremely high level of professional services and an un-matched attention to every detail. To enhance this unique Arizona experience, accommodation options include casitas, villas and haciendas while guests enjoy the over-the-top spa, pools and other amenities. For golfers wanting to take advantage of the beautiful courses, this Fore by Four Package is a pretty remarkable opportunity that also includes a few of my other favorite area courses.
The Fore by Four Package
- 4 nights accommodations
- Complimentary golf cart rental
- 72 holes of golf - One (1) round each on The Boulders North and South Course, and one (1) round each at two (2) of the following golf courses: Grayhawk Talon/Raptor, TPC Scottsdale, We Ko Pa, and two other "hidden gems"
34631 N Tom Darlington Drive
Carefree, Arizona 85377
Telephone: (480) 488-9009