You will need:
Paint and brushes
Colored paper and aluminum foil
Googly eyes (optional)
1. First, make your shapes. For a fish, stuff your paper bag ¾ full of newspaper or other material and tie it at the end with yarn. For a pomegranate, fill the bag ¼ full, tie it off with yarn and then cut off the excess. For a carrot, roll up a small piece of paper and tuck it down in the bag. Starting at the bottom, wind the yarn around the bag until you get a few inches from the top. Cut the left over paper at the top into strips.
2. Using tempera or other washable paint, paint your shapes.
3. If desired, sprinkle with glitter while the paint is still wet.
4. Allow to dry.
5. The carrots and pomegranates are finished! The fish still need more work. Cut out some scale shapes from aluminum foil and colored paper. Randomly glue them on your fish shape.
6. Cut the outside ring of a paper plate and cover it with aluminum foil. Glue it to the top and bottom of your fish for fins. Make a small fin for the side of the fish. Hot glue is easiest for this step.
7. Add eyes to your fish.
8. Draw or glue a mouth shape on your fish.