The pin-board style photo-sharing website continues to play a pivotal among social networking companies and for brands to target new customers. A new infographic published by Visual.ly Sunday hovers over nine essential steps to attract and engage clients using the website.
Pinterest has become one the quickest, fastest start-ups to become an indispensable tool for companies and brands. An instrumental tool for practically any company that utilizes or manages a website or blog. Whatever the case may be the infographic outlines some of the most important steps to put together.
“Social media marketing is quickly becoming one of the most popular forms of online marketing to ever hit the business world. Everywhere you look, you see something about Twitter and Facebook… And now there’s a new social platform gaining a lot of attention from business marketers, brands and companies all over the world; Pinterest,” according to Digital Information World.
The following steps are summary extracted from the infographic on how to create an eye-catching profile on Pinterest:
- Start with an eye-catching profile. This implies using a profile picture depending on the visibility of the person or the company: For other businesses use a logo with dimensions of 160 x 165 pixels.
- Create and organize boards. There is no particular too little or too many boards. This is really up to the company but create enough boards that are varied and offer different sorts of information to shape well the content you share online.
- Pin like a super-pinner. Pinning on a daily basis is a good way of keeping your account active and your content fresh. In addition, spread out the Pinning activity with enough gaps of time so its easier for users to discover your brand.
- Search for people to follow. Pinterest does not follow the influential formula or the one expert. Its really about generating a meaningful conversation, but most of all follow people in the same industry to get a general idea what they are doing. Average number of daily article pins. On average try Pinning about 5 articles, images or videos about practically anything. Pictures tend to get the most undivided attention so make sure your content is clean and appealing.
- Add the Pin It button to your site. Using the Pin It button is an important integration to have on a blog or the website for visitors to Pin from its point of origin. It is easy and seamless generally.
- Connect to other social networks. Pinterest is an important platform for referral traffic, so if you already have presence on Twitter or Facebook add these account to you About section on Pinterest.
- Pin what people are talking about. Pinning content out of your area of expertise is not advisable, but could generate some interesting conversations online. Home decor; organizations, food, quotes, and especially infographics are a must on this social network.
- Engage with your followers. According to the infographic, Birchbox has close to 1 million followers. the combination is not just engagement but creating or accepting group boards. This allows for users or Pinners outside your own network to see what you are sharing.
- Be consistent. Having an impeccable, effective and overall good content is a must in succeeding organic growth on this platform. It does not happen overnight to gain followers, but being consistent and disciplined is the best strategy to succeed in social media.