Have you eaten cucumbers, celery stalks, avocados, sprouts, or broccoli today? Many people don't eat enough veggies a day. That is why smoothies are becoming so popular. Here are some great ingredients and how they work to help you be healthier than ever.
- Avocados. It’s true that avocados are high in fat, but their fat is the beneficial type your body needs. Although technically a fruit, avocados taste more like a vegetable and are used like vegetables. Add a half to your green smoothie for its creamy flavor and for its cancer fighting benefits.
- Cucumbers. Because cucumbers contain a lot of water, they add needed liquid to a green smoothie mixture as well as fiber and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Kale. This leafy green vegetable has always been popular in southern cooking, but it’s gaining a higher profile. Loaded with vitamins A, C, and K, folic acid, calcium, copper, potassium and iron, this vegetable should be used in every green smoothie.
- Spinach. Similar to kale in nutrient value and fiber benefits, spinach makes a healthy addition to any green smoothie when used in a smaller amount in combination with kale. The Centers for Disease Control says that the nutrients in cooked spinach are absorbed better in your body than when they are consumed raw.
- Sprouts. People are attracted to sprouting their own legumes as a way to unlock all the health benefits of seeds and grains. Eating fresh sprouts neutralizes phytic acid in your body that prevents vitamin absorption. Sprouts also benefit the digestive process. You can add them to your smoothie, but they might not all liquefy completely depending upon your blender power.
Substituting one green smoothie drink for a meal each day, helps you control calories and will give you more energy. When you learn which vegetables work best together for flavor and nutrient value, you’re on your way to joining the green smoothie craze. Breakfast is the perfect meal to drink a smoothie because after fasting all night, your body needs a high alkalinity, easily digestible liquid to aid re-hydration. Concentrated green smoothies can replace any meal or they can be used as healthy, low calorie, between meal snacks.
There are over 50 autoimmune diseases. And whatever condition you have can possible benefit by giving your body what it needs. Fighting disease with conventional medicine is usually all you will learn by seeing a doctor. Reading about the benefit of healthy living is something you need to learn on your own.
Heart Disease is the number one killer of both men and women in America. Sudden cardiac arrest is a big percentage of that. You can prevent and control heart disease. Here's some delicious recipes to help give your body what it needs.