If you love bacon then it is time to take it to a new level that is oh so delicious. It is the newest trend that is sweeping the nation. Candied bacon is without a doubt a sinfully tasty food treat and one of the top food trends going viral among bacon lovers.
It is said that bacon makes everything taste better. The aroma of bacon certainly puts everyone in a better mood because the smell of it cooking and wafting through the house is hard to resist.
12 strips of bacon
1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the bacon strips evenly over the foil covered pan.
- Sprinkle the strips of bacon with brown sugar and press down on the sugar so it adheres to the bacon strips.
- Flip the sugar bacon strips over and sugar the other side of the bacon, patting the brown sugar down upon each strip.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then turn the bacon strips over and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven.
- The candied bacon will seem a little underdone and not quite crisp. This is okay. The sugared strips will crisp during the cooling process.
- Place some paper towels on the counter and put a cooling rack over the top of them.
- Remove the candied bacon strips and lay them flat over the rack to cool completely.
- Transfer bacon to a serving platter or add to another recipe for a sweet, smoky flavoring that is sure to please.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Kevin Bacon - a bacon bust
There is a bust of Kevin Bacon made of bacon!
Each year in the US more than 1.7 billion pounds of bacon!
Bacon cures hangovers!
During the Middle Ages in England, beans and bacon were a staple for the poor!
Are you a bacon lover?
Bacon is one of the oldest processed meats in history!
The Chinese began salting pork bellies as early as 1500 B.C.!
Bacon and eggs are eaten together 71% of the time!
During the 1500s, the Spanish gave Native Americans pigs as peace offerings, knowing the natives liked the taste of pork!
What's not to like about bacon?
Bacon is treated for trichinella, a parasitic roundworm, which is destroyed by cooking, smoking, freezing, or drying!
The word "bacon" comes from the German word bacho, which means buttock!
Bacon is used in lots of alcoholic beverages, such as bacon vodka!
Dry-curing bacon is the oldest curing method!
Is bacon exercise?
Bacon appeals to males slightly more than females!
A 250 lb pig yields about 23 lbs of bacon!
More than 53% of all families keep bacon on hand in their homes!
Pancetta is cured or pickled italian bacon that is not smoked!
Bacon does make everything taste better!
Over two billion pounds of bacon is made in the U.S.A each year!
Bacon is actually healthier than hot dogs, hamburgers and glazed donuts in terms of salt, calories, fat and cholesterol!
In the U.S., bacon often comes from pork belly while in other countries, bacon comes from back or side cuts!
Beef, turkey, chicken, lamb and even goat may be used to make bacon!