If you love bacon then it is time to take it to a new level that is oh so delicious. It is the newest trend that is sweeping the nation. Candied bacon is without a doubt a sinfully tasty food treat and one of the top food trends going viral among bacon lovers.
It is said that bacon makes everything taste better. The aroma of bacon certainly puts everyone in a better mood because the smell of it cooking and wafting through the house is hard to resist.
12 strips of bacon
1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the bacon strips evenly over the foil covered pan.
- Sprinkle the strips of bacon with brown sugar and press down on the sugar so it adheres to the bacon strips.
- Flip the sugar bacon strips over and sugar the other side of the bacon, patting the brown sugar down upon each strip.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then turn the bacon strips over and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven.
- The candied bacon will seem a little underdone and not quite crisp. This is okay. The sugared strips will crisp during the cooling process.
- Place some paper towels on the counter and put a cooling rack over the top of them.
- Remove the candied bacon strips and lay them flat over the rack to cool completely.
- Transfer bacon to a serving platter or add to another recipe for a sweet, smoky flavoring that is sure to please.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved