Sunday, March 17 is the day where we will all experience the luck of the Irish…or, at least delicious corned beef and a frothy Guinness. Spend the afternoon tooling around town discovering Irish-style snacks and libations. LoveHappyHour.com, LA's premier happy hour search site, has picked a few local go-to’s for your weekend plans.
1) Every day is happy hour during St. Patrick’s weekend and the folks at California Pizza Kitchen at Hollywood & Highland Center offer St. Patty’s Day celebrations from March 15-17 with the newly created, St. Pat-Tini drink.
2) Tinhorn Flats (Hollywood): This Hollywood style saloon will entice you with $2 off well drinks and $1 off all draft beers this Sunday. Plus, after all of that drinking, fill up with all day food specials that include a $7 baked potato clover appetizer and $13 corned beef and cabbage.
3) Te'kila (Hollywood): Te'kila is serving up Irish style specials all day including $3 pints of green beer, $4 Guiness pints, and 2-for-1 Irish Car Bombs.
4) Dillon's (Hollywood): Daily specials of $5 Irish coffees, Irish Whiskey shots, $8 Irish beer samplers and $10 fish and chips, you can't go wrong. And on the big day, March 17, Dillon's will open its door at 6am with DJs, leprechauns, bagpipers, a bangers eating contest and green swag. On March 18, if you are still coherent, they'll have Hair of the Dog drink and food specials.
5) Casey's (Downtown LA): On Sunday, March 17, Casey's will host 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day street festival with drinks, games, giveaways and fundraising for the Arthur Guinness Foundation. General Admission is FREE before 1pm and $8 afterwards.
6) Hyperion Public (Silver Lake): In addition to serving green beer and Irish Car Bombs, Hyperion Public will share in the wealth of green Jello shots for all of its guests. Chef Paddy (yes, his real name) will serve the traditional corned beef and cabbage and Rosti, an Irish potato pancake.
7) Wirsthaus (Mid City): Wirsthaus on La Brea will host a Kegs & Eggs party from 11am - 3pm on March 17. $27 per person will include an egg dish of your choice, Wirsthaus' famous sausages and all you can drink draft beer.
8) The Phoenix (Beverly Hills): Take a sip of The Green-Eyed Girl (Jameson, cucumber, mint, simple syrup and lime juice), while your Irish-inspired friends enjoy all day specials including $3 beer, $5 shots of Bushmills, Jameson and Fireball. Doors open at noon, and if you get hungry, you can try Irish Bangers n' Mash and Dublin Sliders. Also, anyone dressed as a green man or a Leprechaun will receive a free shot!