There is much talk about how to fill voids in one’s resume to show an individual has current work. There is no doubt that recruiters are keenly aware of the tough job market and the difficulty to sustain continual employment. Seasonal employment is a great way to fill in those spaces in the dates of your work experience.
To help those looking for seasonal employment for gap-filling or just to pick up some extra cash for holiday expenses Baker College of Port Huron will host a seasonal job fair, the event will take place from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 3, on the main campus at 3403 Lapeer Road, Port Huron. The fair is free and open to the public.
Jobs will be offered by retailers such as Carson’s, J. C. Penney, Target, J.B. Robinson Jewelers, Kay Jewelers and Toys"R"Us. According to Baker College nearly 20 employers are expected to be at the fair.
“We welcome this opportunity to help area employers find qualified candidates for the holiday rush in their stores,” said Betsy White, career services director and vice president of student services for Baker College of Port Huron. “We anticipate most positions will be temporary, however some may be permanent or these temporary positions may turn into permanent jobs. It will be a good time for applicants to meet multiple employers.”
Free parking is available in Lots C & D in the back (south side) of campus. Entrance is through the Student Lounge (door #4).
For more information contact Betsy White at 810.989.2117 or Job Fair question.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!