Do you live in the New York/New Jersey area? Are you looking for exciting entertainment within your vicinity at a reasonable cost? Do you love dancing - watching trained students and professional dancers display their exquisite skills and choreography in a grand setting, complete with music, stunning costumes, the lights and more? Perhaps you are considering dancing yourself and want to check out the different styles from which to choose what you wish to learn. Or perhaps you are not sure if you can learn the art and would like to see more before making up your mind.
Well, you are in luck. Fred Astaire dance schools throughout New Jersey are having their annual showcase of ballroom and Latin dances: student-teacher performances, group and solo performances, and a separate extravaganza of New Jersey professional dancers. The theme is "Salute to Broadway." Just envision "Dancing with the Stars" and you can imagine what the show would be like.
The countdown has begun: The showcase is on Saturday evening, September 21 at 7:30 pm at the Bergen County Academy of Technology, 200 Hackensack Avenue, New Jersey. Tickets are now on sale at all New Jersey Fred Astaire studios for $35 per person. Tickets will also be sold at the door before show time. How to order and more:
1. Click here for your nearest location to order tickets.
2. It is highly recommended that the tickets be purchased in advance.
3. If you need more information, you may email your queries to Charles and Jean Penatello, NJ Franchisors of the Fred Astaire Dance studios at Dancer80650@aol.com
4. Just one more thing to share: Starling evidence from a recent New England Journal of Medicine study (http://socialdance.stanford.edu/syllabi/smarter.htm ) that frequent dancing offers protection against dementia.
5. Here are the comparative stats:
Reading - 35% reduced risk of dementia
Bicycling and swimming - 0%
Doing crossword puzzles at least four days a week - 47%
Playing golf - 0%
Dancing frequently - 76%.
Find out what you may be missing if you have not learned dancing yet, and if you love dancing, share your passion and emotions with the dancers at the showcase, and most of all have a great experience!