What are the reasons why world powers are reluctant to confront Syria, and to invade its sovereignty?
List of reasons:
1. Russia doesn’t like it because they are conflicted as it sells weapons to Syria as a customer.
2. Russia doesn’t like it because they have just emerged from a communist dictatorship and remain fearful that other nation’s might similarly intervene on their bad behavior one day.
3. Russia remains a bitter loser against the U.S. and Western allies.
4. China doesn’t like it because its government is dictatorial and repressive, similarly with Syria.
5. China doesn’t like it because it competes for resource interests in the Middle East and doesn’t want the West and U.S. to emerge more powerful.
6. Like Russia, China doesn’t want outside influence into sovereign matters.
7. The British Parliament and people are weary of more war, following Iraq and Afghanistan.
8. The British Parliament and people can’t undertake more cost of war as the economy suffers.
9. The British Prime Minister cannot go forward with a war without Parliament and the people.
10. The French President and People as well as German President and people believe that the Syrian government is responsible for violations of international agreements against the stockpiling and use of chemical weapons, although will not move militarily without the U.S. and preferably an EU coalition.
11. The United Nations is slow and deliberate to intervene because it is a conflicted collective and largely dysfunctional.
12. The Arab League is internally conflicted and therefore ineffective in this situation to resolve the Syrian problem or the Palestinian problem or Egyptian problem, etc.
“Syria crisis: Kerry says west must not be 'silent spectators to the slaughter'
Secretary of state visits Paris and says Obama is yet to decide whether US will delay possible air strike until after UN report”