Visitng the Collective Ink: Artists'reception at Popcorn Gallery yesterday prompted thinking about the many reasons to visit this historic National treasure.
On a sunny Saturday afternoon, the Popcorn Gallery at Glen Echo hosted a reception for participating artists in the Collective Ink exhibit. The show continues until March 16, 2014.
The park was filled with people visiting various art galleries and other amusements. Visiting the historic place within sight of the Clara Barton mansion is a wonderful experience. One can see some of the finest art and photography in the region, as well as watch people with dogs.
In the picture post, see the historic photo of eight printmakers that call themselves the “Collective Ink.”
In the slideshow, get the feel of a visit to Glen Echo Park on a Saturday afternoon.
Reasons to visit:
- See art and photography at the many gallery and studio venues in the park
- See the historically preserved architecture from the former amusement park
- See the merry-go-round
- Walk through the scenic park along the Minihawhaw creek
- Let children play
- Walk and watch dogs on leashes
- Explore history
- See the Clara Barton home