This raw, fast and tasty vegetarian meal can be a meal or garnish for chips, rice or meat. It's not only tasty but adaptable to whatever fruit is in season. It tastes good with peaches, nectarines, kiwi, mango, pink grapefruit and even corn. It is a mix of sweet and hot which makes this dish a favorite for everybody.
Salsa may be layered with guacamole on top, salsa next and then rice, beans or meat, if a fuller meal is desired. When used as a main dish, it goes well with hummus and chips but it's also good just by itself.
- 4 peaches, diced and pitted
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 serrano peppers, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2-3 avocados, diced
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine peaches, tomatoes, serrano peppers, green onions and cilantro in large bowl. Stir gently and add avocados.
- Whisk in separate bowl, olive oil, vinegar, lemon and lime juice.
- Pour over peach and avocado mixture and stir gently. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with chips, black beans or over grilled chicken breast and salmon.
Black olives, jalapeno peppers, watermelon, strawberries, tomatilos and cherry tomatoes are all ingredients that can be experimented with in this dish. I have even seen feta cheese added to it but have not tried it myself.
Really fast salsa
To shorten preparation time, a commercial salsa, such as World Table roasted verde, may be used as a dressing and poured over the diced ingredients. This commercial salsa has cilantro, peppers and lemon juice so only the tomato, avocado and fruit is needed. I often make it for myself for lunch so all I need is 1 tomato, 1 avocado and 1 peach. It doesn't get much easier than this. By shortening the ingredient list, it makes it that much easier to have all the ingredients, making peach salsa a fast, tasty and raw vegetarian meal.