If House Republicans truly had America’s interest at heart, they would be addressing the following list of “to-do’s”:
1. Enact legislation that supports a sustainable economy.
2. End the bickering with the executive branch and among themselves.
3. Align with strategies that equip American genius with resources to invent and redesign how Americans can live better in a sustainable economy.
4. Support rapid transformation from petroleum-based to renewable energy nation.
5. Change the balance of consequences to encourage investment in new product and new business unit development to produce world-class products in America.
6. Modify American foreign policy to make it more a global allied strategy in contrast with going it alone.
7. Address the root causes of global terror in collaboration with the executive branch.
8. Clean the backlog of essential legislation such as resolving immigration reform and making necessary improvements to the Affordable Care Act.
9. End obstructionism.
10. End wealthy elitism.
You cannot be a friend to business and the economy without doing these things.
“Washington logjam has private sector fretting
By Peter Schroeder and Bernie Becker - 09/22/13 06:00 AM ET
After riding the Washington roller coaster through the 2011 debt limit fight and the fiscal cliff, the business community finds itself in a familiar place yet again: with policymakers throwing up roadblocks to the struggling economy.
Groups representing all sizes of the private sector are ramping up calls for Washington to do something – anything – to help the economy, rather than hurt it.”