Prabal Gurung’s spring 2013 collection is at Target. Prabal Gurung launched his eponymous collection in February 2009 with a philosophy encompassing modern luxury, indelible style and an astute sense of glamour.
Prabal Gurung was born in Singapore and raised in Kathmandu, Nepal. After beginning his design career in New Delhi he moved to New York to finish his studies at Parsons, The New School for Design. Upon graduating, Gurung spent two years with Cynthia Rowley's design and production teams. Soon after, he was appointed design director at the iconic Bill Blass, a post he held for five years until launching his own Prabal Gurung collection.
A focus on quality and innovation has placed Gurung at the forefront of American fashion with designs worn by leading ladies including First Lady Michelle Obama and The Duchess of Cambridge. In 2010 he was the recipient of the Ecco Domani Fashion Fund Award and selected as runner up for the 2010 CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund. In 2011 Gurung was honored as one of USA Network's Character Approved Award recipients, named goodwill ambassador of Maiti, Nepal, a finalist of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award and was the recipient of the 2011 CFDA Swarovski Award for women’s wear. In 2012, Gurung was named Chief Designer of Onward Kashiyama's ICB brand. Most recently, Target announced its partnership with Prabal Gurung as the 2013 designer collaborator.
This spring, Target has brought Prabal Gurung’s newest runway looks, trendiest combos and hottest new styles to shoppers at very affordable prices. Some pieces are vintage-inspired and retro chic, others reminiscent of the 70's glam, and some new and edgy. The colors, florals and prints are bright and often kaleidoscopic. Colors play off colors to create myriad splashes of rose, yellow, turquoise, orange and green. With 92 exclusive pieces from the exciting Prabal Gurung spring collection, Target invite everyone to come and fall in love with this highly-acclaimed, now-showing collection.
In Target’s new spring collection are:
- Prabal Gurung for Target drop waist dresses in First Date print $34.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target short sleeve dresses in First Date print $39.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target sleeveless tees in First Date print$26.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target long sleeve cardigan in Meet the Parents print $32.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target apple red dresses with full skirts $49.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target apple red ruffle dresses $39.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target pebble racerback black tank tops $19.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target skirts in Meet the Parents print $29.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target pleated skirts in Nolita print $29.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target dresses in Meet the Parents print $44.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target yellow lace hard-sided clutches $34.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target ankle strap black pumps $39.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target pointy-toe pumps in Nolita print $39.99
- Prabal Gurung for Target lace-up apple red pumps $39.99
New, on-trend, bright and edgy, the Prabal Gurung collection is right from the runway to the racks at Target. Check come of Target’s choices for complete new spring looks in the list. Made for mixing and matching, these pieces will work for campus, career or casual wear and catch the spotlight this spring Best of all, Target makes designer collections very affordably priced for budget-conscious shoppers.
For even more savings, take an extra 5% off when you use your Target REDcard and take make the most of Target’s price match guarantee and free shipping options.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~