Yum Brands yesterday announced 35 metro Detroit openings for managers at their Pizza Hut restaurants. The jobs we posted at CareerBuilder.com and compliment a variety of other openings the chain has posted during September. These are full time jobs, which have been a rarity in the Great Lake State outside of the automotive industry.
Pizza Hut has been successful in Detroit despite the Motor City being home to national pizza chains including Little Caesar's, Domino's and Hungry Howies. They have been differentiated as they have seated dining rooms.
According to the pizza giant the successful candidate will have these attributes:
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in the restaurant, hospitality or retail industry with responsibility for financial results.
- Knows how to create a great place to work for your team.
- Understands how to make a customer’s day and it shows in the way you are maniacal about serving amazing pizza with a great big smile.
- Demonstrates a personality that is honest, energetic, motivational and fun.
- Can set high standards for yourself and for your people.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation (not public transportation – you may need to drive to make deposits for the restaurant sometimes) and a true desire to learn and grow
To see specific locations and for more information, click here.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's largest restaurant company in terms of system restaurants with more than 39,000 restaurants in over 125 countries and territories and nearly 1.5 million associates.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!