The food industry is hot in the Detroit area. Yesterday morning we learned that Pizza Hut was looking for more than three dozen managers and late yesterday Panera Bread entered the search for restaurant leadership with an announcement through CareerBuilder.com that they seek 29 managers for their stores.
This is proof of the American dream as both restaurants start employees at minimum wage but have careers available to those that want to get ahead – moving from minimum wage to build a resume eventually leading to a living wage with benefits.
Panera Bread was founded in 1981 on the east coast as Au Bon Pain Company, a take-out bread store. They expanded into the Midwest in 1993 by purchasing the Saint Louis Bread Company. The company changed it name to Panera Bread in the 1990s and sold the Au Bon Pain name in 1999 to focus totally on the Panera concept. Today there are over 1,100 bread-cafes, as Panera refers to their stores, across the country.
Benefits at Panera include:
- Incentive plans
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Disability insurance (salaried)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan (discounted stock price)
- Section 125 flexible spending account
- Paid vacation
- Product discounts
To learn more about the requirements, locations and benefits or to apply click here.
Want to have a successful job interview? Check out the attached list of the top five books for interview skills.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!