Ah, the blatant misogyny and sexism of host Seth MacFarlane's dialogue at the 2013 Annual Academy Awards continues the ever-lasting tradition of the white, male movie awards in Hollywood. Sometimes a fan of Family Guy, which is also excruciating to watch sometimes as the characters will blatantly point out that you will continue to watch even when they are doing nothing. Or the repeated loop of a joke over and over until you kind of want to hit the television. Not to mention the interjection of obvious sexism and hostility toward women the show perpetuates. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes watch it. But it is mostly out of sheer fascination and disgust of American pop culture, background chatter and the fact that nothing else is on - instant ratings!
So to save some time and point out the obvious from the Oscars, I have compiled a list to sort through the fun facts.
• 77 percent of Academy voters are male. 30 men and 9 women collected awards Sunday night.
• MacFarlane's boob song is a classic example of sexism. Separate women's body parts into sections then force the actresses to pretend it's all fun and games. Why not have a song about "We Saw Your Junk?" Oh, right. Because that would objectify men. Duh!
• Calling out Kate Winslet's many nude scenes. Because this is what matters most in Hollywood. Not that she is one of the best actresses in our era like Jodie Foster but that she got naked many times for a role. Grow up, America and MacFarlane.
• Then came the joke about actresses getting the flu to lose weight. "It paid off," MacFarlane said. "Looking good." Isn't it bad enough that every hopeful actress that ends up in Hollywood becomes blond and anorexic? But we must perpetuate the stereotype some more to keep the status quo!
• For instance, saying Rex Reed would probably call Adele fat because that is what is important, not her amazing voice and anti-establishment attitude (which is probably why she was being shamed in the first place). Actually Adele is the average size of the U.S. woman and she is British, dummy.
• Someday Quvenzhané Wallis will be old enough to date George Clooney, a direct dig at Clooney's young womanizing ways and the old sugar daddy adage.
• Jack Nicholson hitting on and interrupting Jennifer Lawrence's award winning interview. You had your time in the spotlight, old man, now move along. Like Mark Wahlberg said, the party's at Jack Nicholson's house. You remember, that place where Roman Polanski drugged and raped a 13-year-old girl. Because that is hilarious! It is also so amusing that they gave an Oscar to Polanski years ago and he wasn't even a U.S. resident.
• MacFarlane talking about women with body hair. Women have body hair! No way! And they poop rose petals too. This idea of perfection for a female is outlandish and completely out of touch with reality.
• And last but not least... the cherry on the sundae is women are nags, and Jews run Hollywood! Who knew? Apparently MacFarlane. I better go watch some more over-rated Family Guy to get caught up.