There are just two months left in 2013 and the awards season is in full swing. Already we have gotten nominations for the Gotham Awards and International Documentary Association. But nothing trumps the Oscar race, and its time to see where things stand.
Kicking things off is best supporting actress. Nine out of ten of these performances have been seen (or heard in one case), leaving reigning best actress champ Jennifer Lawrence as the big question mark. So, here's my list of who will earn nominations this year:
1. Lupita Nyongo's - 12 Years a Slave
2. Julia Roberts - August: Osage County
3. Oprah Winfrey - Lee Daniels' The Butler
4. Margo Martindale - August: Osage County
5. Octavia Spencer - Fruitvale Station
Find out what makes these ladies the front-runners for a seat in the Dolby Theater, and the top challengers to them, in the list.