The smell of all those amazing spices in the home and the fireplaces burning in the neighborhood as the nights get much cooler is a sign the fall is in full force. There are so many tasty fall treats, however, too many of them are full of too much sugar, preservatives, and other horrible ingredients.
This recipe uses an ingredient that is a secret in many recipes; low-fat organic sour cream. If you want to give your kids a healthy alternative that has some well-balanced ingredients, add this to your favorites list. You can easily add nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or as this recipe does; organic fair-trade chocolate chips to the bread to kick it up a notch.
This quick and easy bread is a fun and easy activity to do with the kids when the weather gets a little too soggy for outdoor fun.
Here is the recipe:
You will need:
- 2 cups organic flour
- 1 t. of baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons of organic ground cinnamon
- 1 t. of organic ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t. of organic ground cloves
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1 cup organic fair-trade milk chocolate chips (divided) (optional)
- 2 organic free range medium sized eggs
- 1 Tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. organic almond extract
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of organic low-fat sour cream
Other optional ingredients:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried organic cranberries or raisins (soak in water)
- 1/2 cup of chopped organic nuts
For instructions just click pictures below!
For a step-by-step guide just click below and see pictures along the way.