A wise person one said that when you talk well of other people – they think that you are a brilliant conversationalist. There is more truth to that than just the mere irony of saying something pleasing about someone else elevating you in the minds of your listeners. In social media, we forget that speaking well of others make us both look good.
This may well be the most overlooked piece of business advice on the planet: Social space is free – give your best clients advertising to build appreciation, loyalty, and brand recognition.
Many times, companies lack creativity when it comes to trying to say thank you to the customers:
- Online Reviews – Statistics show that people are 23% more inclined to do business with companies that have positive reviews. Translation? Online reviews on sites like Yelp are gold for companies trying to get a leg up on the competition. Leaving a positive review is a two-fold link because it allows people who find their services to read your reviews and find out more about your company.
- Shout Out on #Twitter – A good Twitter following can be an asset to any company that wants to broadcast news and PR about their company. Twitter can also be an excellent platform to share news and press about clients with #hashtags, photos, and links.
- Post on Facebook –Posting a positive comment about a client on your Facebook or theirs with good #hashtags, links, and images shares your free social space. Nothing draws good feelings like speaking well of their work or company.
- Share a Resource, Discount Coupon, or Expertise – Everyone likes a good discount or promotion. If you have an excellent resource or expert on a topic that helps build business, then sharing it with good clients shows that you are on their side. Some clients have a customer appreciation meeting and hire a speaker to share information on a business topic. This shows that you are interested in the growth of their business.
- Feature on Blog – The nice thing about a blog is that you get lots of space to really do a good job. If you are not a great writer, then ask the company to write their own highlight footage. Either way, be sure to pass the piece by the company to make sure all details are accurate.
- Record a Testimonial for YouTube – If a picture is worth a thousand words, then video is worth tons more! Whether you record a video for them or ask them for a video testimonial. It does not have to be a professional video with a production crew, but it should be professional.
- Get Pinterested in Them – Pinterest is the fastest growing social media in the female demographic. If your clients are in this demographic, sharing an image, links, and #hashtag posts on Pinterst can get others interested in their company. It is a good idea to have a board for nothing but client testimonials.
- Share the Good News – If your company has a monthly newsletter (and you should!), profiling a client or customer works to show progress as well as encourages others to strive to be featured in your newsletters, especially if your client base is business to business (B2B). The exposure could bring new clients to their business.
- Linkedin is Plugged In – Linkedin is the perfect social media to recommend your clients because there are mounds of potential clients and it is set up for reviews. By adding those reviews to your Linkedin company page or theirs, your groups, and your status feed, you can really help them get the word out.
The best way to think about ways to say Thank You to your clients is to use your social media FREE real estate to help them build their reputation and following. This method builds good will with your important clients as well as gives you great content for your social channels.