Skip to main content

See also:

News report published about 'Ghost Adventures' cast member being fired is false

Aaron Goodwin of 'Ghost Adventures' was not fired
Aaron Goodwin of 'Ghost Adventures' was not fired
Photo courtesy of Facebook via Aaron Goodwin

A reporter published false information about a cast member from "Ghost Adventures" last Tuesday. According to the Empire News report, one of the cast members of the popular ghost-hunting television series got fired from the show. "Ghost Adventures" host Zak Bagans posted on his Twitter page today that the rumors weren't true.

Entertainment contributor Raoul Stockton of Empire News published an article about "Ghost Adventures" star Aaron Goodwin last week. The piece was titled "'Ghost Adventures' Star Gets Fired, Reveals Disappointing Truth About Paranormal Television Series" and was posted on July 28. In the article, Stockton claimed that Goodwin got fired from Travel Channel's "Ghost Adventures" due to an interview where Goodwin allegedly went on an 8-minute rant about the Travel Channel making him fake evidence.

Aaron Goodwin has been fired from the Travel Channel television series Ghost Adventures, according to Travel Channel executive and spokesman Richard Roscolelli. Goodwin was fired from the series following a rant while being interviewed on a popular podcast. During the interview on the Are We Alone show hosted by Joshua Sweeney, Goodwin went on about an eight minute rant about how the Travel Channel took everything that was authentic and truly paranormal about the show and made a mockery of it by making the crew record its own voices in place of actual EVP’s (Electronic Voice Phenomena) when filming did not reveal enough evidence to satisfy producers.

Goodwin posted on his Twitter account yesterday that allegations toward him in the article are false. According to Goodwin, he is currently in Ireland filming episodes for season 10 of the "Ghost Adventures" series.

During the two-hour podcast, Goodwin dished out the disappointing facts. It did not stop with the Travel Channel making them record their own EVP’s but he says they actually made them go back and film reactions of the crew so that they would act surprised when hearing things that did not actually occur.

Goodwin was quoted in the article saying:

If we film all night long and came back with uneventful material, they actually make us go back, and act out scenes. It’s sickening really,” said an angry Goodwin. “This started off as a real thing, it is just not consistent and active enough for the big-shots at the network, so they basically have turned us into liars. We have been committing a fraud in my eyes and I’ve just about had enough.

According to Stockton's report, Travel Channel spokesman Roscolelli claims that all three cast members of the series are involved in a nasty feud and the show will go on without Goodwin.

Empire News states on their website that all news articles are satirical and for entertainment. Contributors on Empire News only use invented names in their stories and are only allowed to use real names if the person they're writing about is a public figure.

"Ghost Adventures" began as an independent documentary film that first aired on the Syfy Channel on July 27, 2007. The show follows paranormal investigators Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin as they explore alleged haunted locations.

The popular paranormal program premiered on the Travel Channel on October 17, 2008 and the network recently announced in April that they renewed "Ghost Adventures" for another season. The series returns this fall for its tenth season with 13 new one hour episodes and it will remain in its Saturday night time-slot. A new "Ghost Adventures" spin off series called "Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks" also premiered this year.

After the conclusion of season nine, Goodwin was featured in an episode of Nick Groff's new online series. Goodwin appeared on the Travel Channel's new series "Ghost Fit" in which he shared his pre-lockdown ritual.

To receive email alerts when a new article is posted from this author, click the SUBSCRIBE button.

If you enjoyed this article, click the subscribe button above to receive email updates when a new article is published. Join John on Facebook, follow on Twitter, or connect on Google+. For more information on the author, visit his website.

Reporter publishes false story
Reporter publishes false story Photo courtesy of Empire News

Reporter publishes false story

Entertainment reporter Raoul Stockton of Empire News published a false report about "Ghost Adventures" star Aaron Goodwin. In the report, Stockton alleged that Goodwin was fired due to an interview that Goodwin did on a radio program.

Aaron Goodwin says he wasn't fired on Twitter

Goodwin announced on his Twitter account yesterday that allegations in the article were untrue.

Zak Bagans confirms that Goodwin wasn't fired on Twitter

"Ghost Adventures" host Zak Bagans went to his Twitter page earlier today to confirm that Goodwin hadn't been fired.

Aaron isn't going into the sunset anytime soon!

After the conclusion of "Ghost Adventures" season nine, Goodwin was featured in an episode of Nick Groff's new online series. Goodwin appeared on the Travel Channel's new series "Ghost Fit" in which he shared his pre-lockdown ritual.

Watch Aaron Goodwin on "Ghost Fit"