Have you always wanted hair from the runway shows? Well now you can get it. Like every New York Fashion Week, Tresemme's style team creates unbelievable hair looks that seem too fancy to recreate at home.
This season, lead stylist Jeanie Syfu and Matthew Curtis created styles for Rebecca Minkoff, Alice & Olivia, Jenny Packham and Marissa Webb's 2014 Fall/Winter collection. The looks are easy to create with just a few steps. Click through list to get the look for yourself.
Alice & Olivia Fall 2014
Titled "Enchanted: A Midwinter's Night's Dream", Alice & Olivia's collection was a blend of sharp tailoring combined with Victorian charm and bohemian beauty.
The hair, created by Tresemmé's Global Stylist, Matthew Curtis, complemented the collection with voluminous brushed-out and backcombed curl.
To get the look:
- Divide hair into middle part. Using one-inch curling iron, curl the hair horizontally. Pin each curl with pin curl clips and allow hair to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the pins one by one, and use a soft-bristle brush to gently backcomb each curl. Spray roots with Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and tease into place.
- Repeat this process working from the bottom to the top of the head, ensuring you focus the teasing at the roots for that voluminous feel.
- To finish, smooth out the part to create a strong graphic finish. Set the look with a blast of Tresemmé Tres Two Freeze Hold Hairspray.
Jenny Packham Fall 2014
Jenny Packham's 2014 Fall collection was inspired by Bianca Jagger in the 70's. A woman who “epitomized the ease and opulence of eveningwear at the time.”
Tresemmé's stylist Jeanie Syfu, interpreted this into a hair look that reflects Jenny’s vision with a loose, knotted bun that’s both decadent and natural.
Get the look:
- Apply Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse to hair and blow dry with a round brush
- Once hair is completely dry, back brush hair for volume and spray lightly with Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray while gently brushing the hair away from the face
- Pull the hair back so that it loosely covers the ears into a low ponytail and fasten with an elastic
- Twist the length of the hair into a bun, leaving the ends out, and fasten with hair pins
- Apply Tresemmé Leave-In Split End Conditioning Treatment through the front of the hairline while loosely separating the hair with fingertips
- Finish the look with Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray for a touchable hold
Marissa Webb Fall 2014
Again stylist Jeanie Syfu created the amazing hair look for Marissa Webb's Fall 2014 collection. The polished, yet undone style was natural with a matte texture and a whimsical, airy finish.
To get the look:
- Apply Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse on damp hair, and rough-dry by flipping hair over and gently pulling at the roots for lift
- Once dry, use a flat brush to lightly comb the hair
- Starting at the nape, take large horizontal sections and mist with Tresemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray. Wrap hair loosely around the barrel of 1¼-inch and 1-inch curling irons, leaving ends out. Alternate between irons to create an irregular wave and work your way to the top of the head
- Create a messy center part, and flat iron from the part to eye level
- Mattify hair with Tresemmé Fresh Start Renewal Dry Shampoo, then brush out to get a natural airy texture
- Spray the top with Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray for a dual texture, that is both matte and shiny
- Apply a liberal amount of Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse to hair and rough dry with fingers, lifting at the roots
- Once dry, lightly brush hair and spray with Tresemmé Fresh Start Renewing Dry Shampoo to mattify
- Back brush the hairline for an airy perimeter of wisps. Then, use your hands to loosely pull hair up into a high ponytail and fasten with an elastic
- Back brush ponytail and twist loosely into a bun, leaving ends out. Fasten with large hair pins
- Finish with Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray