Conscious Box offers an unusual take on the monthly subscription box trend, with their package of natural, non-GMO food and health products.
Describing their service as a "curated selection of food, home, bath and body products," Conscious Box offers three types of monthly boxes - classic, vegan or gluten free. You can also choose one of two tiers - the $7 "Taster" box or the $16.95 "Plus" box. The company touts the higher-level Plus box as containing more items overall and a larger number of full-size products.
Conscious Box encourages subscribers to review items in return for points you can use toward product discounts. You can purchase full-size versions of any products that you like through Conscious Box's Web site.
Once you subscribe to Conscious Box, monthly boxes will continue automatically until you cancel, something you can easily do online if you wish.
Health & beauty items
The Conscious Box Plus box I purchased included the following health and beauty items:
- Bolt Tape sample for pain relief
- Natralia Heel Balm sample packet
- Natralia dry skin lotion sample packet
- Somersets Extra Delicate English Shaving Oil for bikini line sample packet
- Somersets Extra Delicate English Shaving Oil for legs and underarm sample packet
Food & beverage items
The box contained the following food and beverage items:
- Lyft Clean Caffeine Energy Stir Stick, 125 milligrams of caffeine, plus vitamins, stir into a beverage to make it caffeinated
- Equal Exchange Milk Chocolate Crisp, 1.34-ounce bar, 210 calories, 13 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbs, 18 grams of sugar, 3 grams of protein
- Equal Exchange Caramel Crunch Dark Chocolate bar, 3.5-ounce bar, 500 calories, 13 grams of fat, 21 grams of carbs, 17 grams of sugar, 2 grams of protein
- Vanilla MRM Elite Performance Protein Powder, 11 gram packet to mix with 3 ounces of liquid
- Super Eats Kale + Chia Chips, 1.5-ounce bag, 180 calories, 7 grams of fat, 14 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein
- Sportea, one tea bag, with green tea, vitamin C, electrolytes and Siberian eleuthero root
- Buddy Fruits, 4.2 ounces, raspberry and cranberry flavor, 80 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 19 grams of carbs, 1 protein gram, 3 grams of fiber
The Buddy Fruits went over especially well with my 10-year-old tester, who rarely eats fruits voluntarily. The container states that Buddy Fruits contains real fruit, and they're a bit pricey to purchase at the store. I've since picked up a few here and there at Walmart for about a dollar each.
Most of my testers didn't care for the kale chips, although I found them quite tasty. The chips are gluten free but contain large amounts of beans along with kale.
My young testers really loved the chocolate crisp bar and caramel crunch dark chocolate bar. We liked the protein powder, but the sample size was too small to really get a good handle on it.
A recent coupon offered a Taster Conscious Box for free using the code TFREE, but keep in mind that even when using a code for a free box, you still need to enter a credit card number, and you'll start getting charged almost immediately unless you cancel right after your free box ships. You'll want to remain "conscious" of whether you want to continue the subscription to avoid potentially unwanted charges.