Enjoy the ooey-gooey goodness of s'mores this National S'mores Day without the use of a campfire, barbecue or even your oven. Just follow this easy recipe for Microwave S'mores and you will have all that warm deliciousness in your hands in minutes without heating up your house with the oven.
All you need are graham crackers, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and a microwave. The results are even better than what you would get from a campfire because the chocolate completely melts and binds with the marshmallow to create the ultimate sticky yet smooth consistency.
Microwave S'mores Recipe (serves four)
- 8 graham cracker squares
- 36 chocolate chips (3/8-inch size, more if smaller)
- 36 white mini marshmallows
- Place four crackers in a microwavable dish. Place nine chocolate chips on each cracker, making sure they are sitting on their flat sides. (Use as many as needed if your chocolate chips are smaller).
- Microwave large chocolate chips for one minute on high, If you are using smaller chips, start with 30 seconds and add time in 5 second increments until they have begun to melt. They will be shiny when this happens.
- Remove dish from oven and put a mini marshmallow on top of each chocolate chip. If you are using smaller chocolate chips, just evenly distribute nine marshmallows.
- Microwave for one minute. Marshmallows will be puffy.
- Top with a second cracker and serve.
This recipe is good any time of year. It makes an excellent fast snack for after school or for parties. For adults you can even dress the s'mores up by adding toasted coconut or chopped nuts on top of the melted marshmallows. You can also use mint chocolate chips instead of the semisweet or milk chocolate variety. If you like, spread peanut butter on the top cracker for added flavor.