New seasons of "Dancing with the Stars" are just what so many people look forward to, and even though the sixteenth season doesn't begin until March 18, 2013, fans can still meet the cast now. ABC revealed the names and pictures of the cast for the upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars" on "Good Morning America" on the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013.
The cast consists of celebrities from the world of film, television, sports, and more. "Good Morning America" didn't just reveal the celebrities, but revealed the full teams that will be competing on "Dancing with the Stars."
The teams are as follows - Star and Dance Professional:
- Olympian Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas
- Comedian Andy Dick and Sharma Burgess
- Boxer Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold
- Comedian D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke
- Singer Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani
- Actor Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
- Olympian Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus
- Disney Channel actress Zendaya Coleman and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Reality star Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko
- Baltimore Ravens' Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff
- Singer Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough
It appears as if ABC is looking to go into sports a lot more this season as there is a boxer, two Olympians, and as usual, a star from the NFL. It doesn't hurt having someone from the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.
"Dancing with the Stars" begins its sixteenth season on Monday March 18, 2013 on ABC at 8:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM Central. Those in the New Orleans area can find ABC by tuning into Cox Cable channel 11.