Even if you are not the most tech savvy individual, there are a whole host of ways you can make your life easier with a few strokes on a computer or taps on your cell phone. If you lack confidence in your ability to manage in this arena, ask your kids to help you negotiate the tech world. Your kids will feel empowered, and you will get the help you need. Here are few examples of how to use technology to your advantage:
· Keep your to-do-list on your phone. You can email it to yourself or use a notes app.
· Use the calendar to help you keep to your schedule.
· Order school supplies on line. Most stores offer delivery or in store pick-up options.
· Upload apps to help you get organized and literally where you need to go (i.e. a navigation app if you don’t have GPS).
· Use smartphone technology (for example the iphone’s Siri) to answer questions regarding where to go to get specialty items your kids may need for school (i.e. renting a musical instrument).
Once you get back into the school year groove you are sure to feel a sense of calm take over. Regular routines serve as stabilizing forces. You should have just enough time to take a breath and relax before the hoopla surrounding the holiday season begins.