High fashion designers Dannijo and Lauren Hope have created gorgeous combinations of stone cabochons with rhinestones and chain. Dannijo earrings, handmade from Swarovski crystals, sell for several hundred dollars a pair. Lauren Hope earrings sell for about $70 to $140 a pair.
You can DIY a similar look for less than $10. The DIY Dannijo earrings do not require any special jewelry tools or techniques.
To make the earrings you will need:
- Two stone cabochons that are about 18 by 13 mm. My stones are nundoorite and leopardskin jasper, which I bought from Gem Country USA.
- Clear rhinestone trim.
- Two teardrop-shaped rhinestones in sew-on settings. (I bought most of my rhinestones from Consumer Crafts.)
- Two small square rhinestones in sew-on settings
- Four navette rhinestones of one color in sew-on settings (7 by 15 mm).
- Two navette rhinestones of a complimentary color in sew-on settings (7 by 15mm)
- Plastic canvas mesh
- Four bead eye pins
- Wire cutters
- Nail clippers
- Good jewelry glue like E6000.
See the attached slideshow for a step-by-step tutorial.