There are many groups and organizations for exotic animal ownership, for education, legislation, sharing and more. A search for your specific questions or animals will likely return results to many options. If most of the results are based on "do not keep exotic pets," look further, go a few more pages into the search, and the agenda to not keep pets will not be as prevalent.
The groups listed below are a start for information in many species, legislation and may provide links to other sources. Check your state for a state specific group.
- REXANO - Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership: covers all species of exotics, legislation, excellent resources for statistics and anti-ban information.
- NAIA - National Animal Interest Alliance: general pets
- SSA - Simian Society of America: covers all species of non-human primates
- FCF - Feline Conservation Federation: covers all species of non-domestic cat
- UAPPEAL - Uniting a Politically Proactive Exotic Animal League: all species
- US Herp Alliance - covers all reptiles
- USARK - covers all reptiles
- NFSS - National Finch and Softbill Society: finches and other softbills
- ASA - Aviculture Society of America
- NAPA - National Alternative Pet Association: all species