The Creature Shop Master is the shop's fabrication supervisor, Julie Zobel, a real master in texturing and finishing. This week's build is an individual challenge. There also needs to be one element of mechanization included in the creature. They have three days to create their swamp creatures.
The contestants each select one piece of terrain to design their creature around:
- Melissa (grass): A long-bladed swamp fowl with grass for hair.
- Ben (rock): Boulder Munch, that looks like a rock when it's closed up, but its shell opens up to reveal a muscle-y head with a tongue that grabs the creature and closes back up.
- Jake (wood): The Root Breaker, a creature at the end of his life becoming part of the tree with a short squat body, an ambush predator.
- Robert (lily pad): Mildred, a cyclops with the top of his head is a lily pad, the bottom is roots.
- Russ (weeping junipers): Green Gene, a swamp primate with drooping dreadlocks that blend in with the juniper branches.