The success or failure of a company is often nothing more than having the right workplace culture – provided you have the necessary financial backing. No matter how much investor monies are put into a company unless it has people that are connected to a vision and lead with success principles it is all for naught. Jim Collins is one of the best experts of our times as to how this works.
Collins works have been featured in many leadership and business development classes and have been made available in print, e-books, compact discs, and audio formats. The reason for this popularity is that his writings are very prolific and easy to relate to.
Ideas presented by Collins are very relevant far beyond the realms of cultivating a healthy workplace culture. For example he pontificates that the biggest enemy of greatness is being good. he says that when one realizes he or she is good they somehow lose the drive for great and become complacent with their new status quo.
Collins’ books provide the basis of successful business cultures where success is virtually guaranteed. Any of his books will provide valuable insights, but we have gathered what are the top three in our view.be sure to check out the list as you will see the predication one could have made about Detroit’s largest retail employer from the 70s and 80s.
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers