Jennifer Lawrence was born in Kentucky in 1990. In 2004 at the age of 14 she travelled to New York City and auditioned for some roles. She got some good feedback and landed a couple of small parts. Her parents liked what they were seeing and off to Los Angeles and her career has been nonstop ever since. This young lady is only 23 years old and she has a nice portfolio put together. This is not a best of list of Jennifer's movies but simply a compilation of her performances.
10. The Devil You Know (2013) - An ex-movie star wants to make a come back to movies. Problem is she is carrying a deep dark secret. Her daughter wants to become an actress. Mother later becomes a victim to blackmail because of her secret and this hurts everyone around her. Movie stars Lena Olin, Rosamund Pike, Dean Winters, and Molly Price.
9. House At The end Of The Street (2012) - Mother and daughter move into a house where next door parents were killed by their daughter. Son inherits house and the girl next door becomes friends with him. Young girl finds out secrets that could cost her life. Cast includes Max Thieriot, Elisabeth Shue, Gill Bellows, and Eva Link.
8. Silver Linings Playbook (2012) - Mother discharges her son from a mental asylum much to everyone's chagrin. He was incarcerated for beating up ex-wife's lover. Movie stars Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper, Jacki Weaver, and Chris Tucker.
7. Hunger Games (2012) - In the nation of Panem, each of its 12 districts must send 2 representatives to play in the games. This futuristic society then broadcast the games to it's populace while the representative's kill each other off. Cast includes Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley, Willow Shields, and Wes Bentley
6. X-Men: First Class (2011) - Before Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men became enemies, they were best friends. They both wanted to work together to help the mutants. Movie Stars James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Michael Fassbender, and Bill Milner.
5. The Beaver (2011) - A man is depressed and his wife kicks him out. He starts carrying a Beaver puppet and wants to commit suicide. Through the puppet his family learns some deep dark secrets and allows him to rebuild and cope. Movie stars Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, Cherry Jones, and Anton Yelchin.
4. Like Crazy (2011) - College students fall in love. One is British and is on a student visa. When she goes home for a visit she is not allowed back into the States. The question becomes can their love overcome such a distance. Movie stars Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, Charlie Bewley, and Alex Kingston.
3. Winter's Bone (2010) - Young girl takes on a mission. She finds out that her drug ridden father has put the family home up for bail. Problem is if he can't be found then the home would fall to forfeit. This takes our young girl into the deep drug trade. Movie stars Isaiah Stone, Ashlee Thompson, Valerie Richards, and Shelley Waggener.
2.The Burning Plain (2008) - Movie follows the lives of several people each with their own demands and problems. All are separated by time and space. Movie stars Charlize Theron, John Corbett, Rachel Ticotin, and Sean McGrath.
1. The Poker House (2008) - Lori Petty tells her life through the eyes of a 14 year old. Her mother is a drug prostitute and her father like figure is a pimp. One particular day she experiences both tragedy and triumph. Movie includes Javon Johnson, Sophi Bairly, Bokeem Woodbine, and Casey Tutton.
Jennifer has been called one those beautiful people. She's young and she is working her behind off. She wants to be an actress and you could say she is. Jennifer has been nominated for an Academy Award. This young lady if she doesn't fall into the pitfalls of stardom will be around for awhile. We hopefully have many wonderful years of new roles to see her in.