It will take longer for you to read this tasty recipe than to make it! LOL
If you think making fresh, great tasting, healthy drinks takes time - think again! This recipe takes less than 8 minutes once you've done it a few times and have all ingredients at hand. There's minimal prep and cleanup is as easy as rinsing out your juicer!
Skip the Dunkin Donut or Starbucks sugary flavored coffee and try this for a yummy boost of energy instead! Grab these ingredients and make this nutritious and delicious fresh GREEN juice!
If you really want an EYE-OPENER read this article about how all that processed sugar is KILLING you!!! Oh yeah, I'm calling all you sugar addicts! I'm dead serious, get real, get convicted, get whatever, but wake up!
Want to go on a juice feast with me? Yeah, that's right, I said FEAST, not fast. I'm getting my mind right and going on another juice feast... sure it takes a bit of mental preparation but I know how good it is for me - and I always make great tasting, delicious juices like this one - so really, it's easy! (Email me and we can encourage each other, share experiences, etc.)
But even if you only drink 16 ounces of this juice every morning I think you'll really be surprised how much more energy you'll have, and better you'll feel!
----------------------- Sheila's GREEN juice -----------------------
Best with all fresh organic ingredients:
- 1 bunch local organic large leaf kale (find at: Nature's Food Patch, Clearwater)
- 1/2 to 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 head of celery
- 1/3 bunch of parsley
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro (so yummy, spices it up)
- 1 cucumber (if not organic, peel it)
- 1 lemon (peeled)
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 yellow, orange, or red pepper (green peppers are not ripe!)
- 2 pieces fresh ginger root (peeled thumb size pieces, this adds zip!)
Optional, and really takes it up a notch:
- Dehydrated wheatgrass powder (find at: Leafy Greens cafe, downtown St. Petersburg)
- Half of a jalapeno pepper (this really heats it up, revs metabolism!)
- Prep the veggies (grab from fridge, wash, rinse, peel, etc. takes about 5 minutes)
- Add each to your juice machine (we use a Breville Juice Fountain - powerful and fast!)
- Pour your juice - this recipe makes about 32 yummy ounces
- Clean / rinse out the juicer (about 3 minutes)
If you don't have all the ingredients just use what you have, sometimes we skip the cabbage, or romaine, it's all good. :)
Add half a beet for lots of EXTRA nutrition.
Take it upon yourself to be healthy, joyful, vibrant, and beautiful. Be who you want to be.
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe.